Next Adventure surrounds itself with employees who are passionate about the outdoors and want to make a positive impact in the company every day. The role of every employee is to promote our mission:
Inform. Outfit. Excite.
The Assistant Manager is responsible for the daily floor management of the retail store while maintaining the company culture outlined in Next Adventure’s vision statement. The AM's time is spent on the sales floor, leading and managing the Sales Associates and Rental Technicians. The Assistant Manager must be able to speak intelligently about our products and be intimately familiar with all standard operating procedures. This is a full time position that reports directly to the Location Manager.
- Supervise staff through team building and leadership to accomplish both short and long-term goals set forth by the Location Manager.
- Manage daily activities including opening and closing the store, leading staff and pre-shift meetings, distributing progress sheets, managing clock in/clock outs, and managing floor projects.
- Excellent customer service and sales, including attending to all challenging customer service issues.
- Foster a culture of accountability by leading by example, having performance based conversations, and utilizing standardized documentation systems.
- Point of sale operation including cash handling and inventory management.
- Manage staff lunch breaks and provide department coverage as needed.
- Ensure staff has the appropriate tools and knowledge to accomplish daily tasks. Ensure staff is following established procedures including but not limited to, opening and closing.
- Manage onboarding and training at the Paddle Sports Center
- Communicate and coordinate clinics with sales representatives
- Report daily activity and resource requests using established channels.
- Responsible for helping manage payroll costs. Taking steps to ensure the store is appropriately staffed at all times, neither under- nor over-staffed.
- Attend weekly and monthly meetings with the acting Location Manager as needed. Consistently bringing actionable items to meetings to better the work environment and make staff more effective.
- Facilitate any needed repairs, maintenance, upgrades, cleaning, or other physical needs of the location.
- One year of employment at Next Adventure (preferred). Demonstrate ability to work in all departments.
- Demonstrate excellent challenge resolution skills.
- Possess excellent problem-solving skills.
- Highly effective communicator using the JWD platform.
- Demonstrate supreme knowledge and understanding of Next Adventure’s vision, culture, policies, procedures, and systems
- Demonstrate leadership and team building skills. Excellent listening and communication skills.
- Proficient with, or a quick study on, Microsoft, Google and internal software applications.
- Detail oriented.
- Availability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends
- Light to moderate lifting, with reasonable accommodation. Standing for long periods of time.
- Customer service
- Caring about direct reports
- Comfortable with management and leadership team
- Conflict Resolution
- Hiring and staffing
- Integrity and trust
To be considered submit your letter of interest and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org