Boat Handler - Next Adventure at Scappoose Bay
Next Adventure employees are passionate about the outdoors and strive to make a positive impact in the company every day. The role of every employee is to promote our mission:
Inform. Outfit. Excite.
- Boat Handlers are the critical workforce of our operation and are responsible for improving the customer experience by maintaining, organizing and launching our rental fleet of kayaks, canoes, and paddleboards.
- The ability to work hard in all weather conditions while providing outstanding customer service is critical.
- Gain the required product knowledge. Next Adventure will provide access to clinics, literature, online resources, Sales Reps and more, but it is the responsibility of each Staff to learn and retain product knowledge about boats, paddles, and PFDS. The ability to fit each unique customer with the proper gear is a daily responsibility. Every staff member is responsible for knowing and maintaining a knowledge of Scappoose Bay, the flora, fauna, and it’s history.
- Great communication is found in all successful companies, and Next Adventure is no different. Boat handlers are expected to have effective written and verbal communication skills and use established communication systems to their fullest.
- Be a positive part of the team. If you have a sense of humor, use it. When there is an opportunity to help a co-worker, be the first to volunteer.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A passion for the outdoors and paddlesports
- Ability to repeatedly lift and maneuver watercraft outside in all weather conditions, while keeping a positive attitude.
- Detail oriented
- Consistent heavy lifting, with reasonable accommodation
- Standing for long periods of time
- Basic math skills
- Availability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends.
This is a seasonal position typically running from May-September.
Interested applicants should email a resume and letter of interest to: email@example.com explaining your outdoor passions and experience.