PADDLE SPORTS REPAIR TEAM LEAD
Next Adventure surrounds itself with employees who are passionate about the outdoors and want to make a positive impact in the company every day. The role of every Paddle Sports Sales Associate is to promote our mission:
Inform. Outfit. Excite.
The Repair Technician is a key component of the Paddle Sports Center, that keeps customers coming back due to their knowledge, passion, and top-quality repair and rigging. If you want to share your love of the outdoors with our customers and be a part of something unique and special, submit your cover letter and resume now!
- Perform repairs on kayaks, SUP’s, drysuits, frames, rafts and more
- Work with PVC, fiberglass, ABS plastic, rotomolded plastic, latex, etc.
- Use proper PPE at all times when performing repairs
- Give realistic timelines on repairs and manage customer expectations
- Provide excellent customer service
- Maintain a neat and safe work area
- Use project management software to organize priorities, deadlines, and track progress while communicating with other team members
- Work with the Location Manager on shop projects like fixtures, maintenance, etc.
- Assist with used equipment and boat buying (as needed)
- Collaborate efficiently with other staff members company wide, as applicable
- Answer phone calls, and interact with customers on sales floor as needed
- Communicate with other Leads to facilitate lunch breaks and provide department coverage as needed
- Chore management
- Open/Close Registers as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Background and training in industry repairs; (preferred 1 year)
- Product knowledge of the kayak industry; (preferred 1 year)
- Previous customer service, outdoor retail & service shop experience
- High attention to detail
- Has demonstrated the ability to be consistently reliable and punctual
- Ability to lift moderate/heavy tools and equipment, with or without reasonable accommodation
- Ability to use heavy machinery and power tools safely
- Strong organizational skills
- Has demonstrated challenge-resolution skills
- Availability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends
Email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com