Paddle Sports Sales Associate
Next Adventure surrounds itself with employees who are passionate about the outdoors and want to make a positive impact in the company every day. The role of every Paddle Sports Sales Associate is to promote our mission:
Inform. Outfit. Excite.
The Sales Associate is the heartbeat of the Paddle Sports Center. Customers keep coming back due to the knowledge, passion, and approachability of our team.
- Provide excellent customer service, every shift, every opportunity. Next Adventure has built a reputation for having friendly, honest and knowledgeable staff that is always willing to help guide customers through one of the best shopping experiences around. We're not just selling gear. We are selling the journey.
- Asking for the sale is an often overlooked aspect of the job, but there's a reason why "sales" is in the name of the position. All Sales Associates must develop their own personal and effective approach to closing a sale. You should be passionate about what you’re selling and share that passion with customers.
- Gain the required product knowledge. Next Adventure will provide access to clinics, literature, online resources, Sales Reps and more, but it is the responsibility of each Sales Associate to learn and retain product knowledge.
- Great communication is found in all successful companies, and Next Adventure is no different. Sales Associates are expected to have effective written and verbal communication skills and use established communication systems to their fullest.
- Be a positive part of the team. If you have a sense of humor, use it. When there is an opportunity to help a co-worker, be the first to volunteer. If a product display needs improving, take action!
- Maintain stock levels. Stocking the sales floor is required daily to meet customer demand. Sales Associates must learn and use the provided systems for inventory management.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience as a paddler. Knowledge of kayaking, canoeing, paddle boarding, kayak fishing, etc. (REQUIRED)
- Previous customer service and outdoor retail experience (preferred)
- Detail oriented
- Light to moderate lifting, with reasonable accommodation
- Standing for long periods of time
- Basic math skills
- Availability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends