Runners, hikers, and climbers, oh my! Warmer weather is right around the corner, and with it comes all of those fun summertime activities. Do you have a passion for all things climbing? What about trail running or hiking? Want to expand your knowledge on all the latest gear and share it with our customers as they get ready for their next adventure? If so, please check out the job description below! Details on how to apply at the bottom of the page.
Next Adventure surrounds itself with employees who are passionate about the outdoors and want to make a positive impact in the company every day. The role of every employee is to promote our mission:
Inform. Outfit. Excite.
The Sales Associate is the true heartbeat of the store. Customers keep coming back due to the knowledge, passion and approachability of our team members.
Job responsibilities will vary from day to day depending on the department you are working in, the time of day, and the seasonality of outdoor retail. This is a part-time hourly position that reports directly to the Location Manger.
- Provide excellent customer service, every shift, every opportunity. Next Adventure has built a reputation for having a friendly, honest and knowledgeable staff that is always willing to help guide customers through one of the best shopping experiences around. We're not just selling gear. We are selling the journey.
- Asking for the sale is an often overlooked aspect of the job, but there's a reason why "sales" is in the name of the position. All Sales Associates must develop their own personal and effective approach to closing a sale. You should be passionate about what you’re selling and share that passion with customers.
- Gain the required product knowledge. Next Adventure will provide access to clinics, literature, online resources, Sales Reps and more, but it is the responsibility of each Sales Associate to learn and retain product knowledge.
- Great communication is found in all successful companies, and Next Adventure is no different. Sales Associates are expected to have effective written and verbal communication skills and use established communication systems to their fullest.
- Be a positive part of the team. If you have a sense of humor, use it. When there is an opportunity to help a co-worker, be the first to volunteer. If a product display needs improving, take action!
- Maintain stock levels. Stocking the sales floor is required daily to meet customer demand. Sales Associates must learn and use the provided systems for inventory management.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Previous customer service and/or retail experience (preferred)
- Detail oriented with impeccable follow through
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multitask under pressure
- Light to moderate lifting, with reasonable accommodation
- Standing for long periods of time
- Basic math and cash handling skills
- Availability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends
To be considered, submit your letter of interest and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org