Sandy Rental & Tune Lead
Next Adventure surrounds itself with employees who are passionate about the outdoors and want to make a positive impact in the company every day. The role of every employee is to promote our mission:
Inform. Outfit. Excite.
The Rental Lead is responsible for the daily management of the Rental department of the store while maintaining the company culture outlined in Next Adventure’s vision statement. Due to Next Adventure's commitment to the customer, the focus of the Rental Lead is to maintain the flow of the rental shop, streamline bottlenecks in the process, and closely manage that equipment is being rented out correctly. The Rental Lead must be able to speak intelligently about our product and be intimately familiar with all standard operating procedures while leading and managing the Rental Technicians. This is a Full Time, hourly position that reports directly to the Sandy General Manager.
- Maintain and uphold the flow of the Rental process to its entirety
- Train Rental Techs
- Create Progress Sheets and supervise staff through team building and leadership to accomplish both short and long-term department goals set forth by Sandy Location Manager
- Regularly work to improve the rental department and personal growth.
- Assist, measure and adjust rental bindings to skis, snowboards, snowshoes and other rental assets
- Acquire appropriate binding certifications and product knowledge from all manufacturers
- Train employees to use Next Adventure’s shop machinery safely
- Daily activities including opening or closing the store
- Make appropriate product orders to maintain a well stocked tune/rental shop
- Be a cornerstone of knowledge for ski mounts, tune work, and equipment repair
- Be self motivated to stay up to date with industry standards, new technology, and brand characteristics.
- Be up to the challenge of educating the staff
- Safely and properly use Next Adventure’s shop machinery
- Managing clock in/clock outs
- Cash Handling
- Manage staff lunch breaks and provide department coverage as needed.
- Ensure staff has the appropriate tools and knowledge to accomplish daily tasks
- Become excellent at giving and receiving feedback
- Attend weekly and/or monthly meetings with Sandy Location Manager
- Implement and sustain company policy while holding staff accountable
- Assist on the retail floor as needed
- Other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrate excellent challenge resolution skills
- Demonstrate supreme knowledge and understanding of Next Adventure’s vision, culture, policies and systems
- Excellent listening and communication skills
- Leadership and team building skills
- Availability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends
- Demonstrate ability to work in all departments
- Proficient with, or a quick study on, Microsoft, Google and internal software applications
Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.