Watercraft Shipping Information
Kayaks, canoes, SUPs, and surfboards ship via Less Than Load (LTL) Freight carriers, require special handling, and therefore cost a bit more to ship. Some brands* have mandatory shipping charges associated with all of their products. Watercraft may ship to a residential or commercial address. Please note, that while shipping fees may be considerable, the actual cost to ship freight is generally higher than the rates charged and include full value insurance coverage on the entirety of the shipment.
We inspect boats for damage, then wrap in foam and plastic sheeting prior to shipment. The watercraft are made of relatively soft plastic; upon delivery you may find minor cosmetic damage or scratches resulting from freight shipping. These are usually cosmetic blemishes, and do not impair the functionality of the boat. Minor cosmetic damage is not considered grounds for refusal of the watercraft.
- Most whitewater kayaks, SUPs, and surfboards ship for $200
- Most Non-whitewater watercraft ship for $500
- Most canoes are in-store pickup only, some ship for $1000
- Most Whitewater Rafts Ship for $200
- Most inflatable watercraft ship ground for $50
- Rates are calculated at checkout or listed on the product page
*ALL Hobie watercraft have a separate shipping fee depending on the model
- Kayaks, canoes, SUP's, and surfboards will ship via LTL Freight with the carrier of our choice
- We will usually ship the boat within 3-5 business days
- Transit time is approximately 2-9 business days. Although most transit times are under 9 business days, transit times may vary based upon the destination. Freight shipments are not the same as small package shipments, so please have patience in these rare delays
- We only ship within the contiguous United States and will cancel your order if you attempt to ship it outside of the lower 48
- For those interested in shipping watercraft to Alaska, Hawaii, U.S. Territories, or internationally, please contact a freight forwarding company for assistance before placing your order. For freight forwarding orders we are only responsible for shipping to the forwarding company's terminal
- Expedited shipping is not available on any watercraft
- Carriers will contact you at least 24 hours in advance to schedule a weekday delivery window
- Someone must be available to help unload the watercraft from the truck
- You are responsible for unwrapping and inspecting for major, structural shipping damage upon delivery; before the driver leaves. If you fail to do this, you are accepting the condition of the boat, and the boat may not be covered by the carrier's shipping insurance for shipping damage found afterwards
- If the boat is severely damaged or beyond repair, you have the right to refuse delivery.
- For cosmetic damage, we are able to offer a partial refund (typically no more than 5% of purchase price) and/or repair options. Please contact us immediately to discuss options.
- If you are refusing the shipment for structureal damage, a claim must be submitted to Next Adventure within 48 hours of delivery including photographs of the damage sent to firstname.lastname@example.org along with your order number for reference
Free Watercraft Delivery in the Portland Metro Area
- We will call you to schedule delivery ahead of time
- Delivery times are typically Monday through Friday, between 1 and 3 pm
- You must have a valid Portland Metro Area address
- If you are unsure if you qualify for free delivery, simply add the product to your shopping cart and enter your address at checkout, or contact our customer service department
If you still have any questions or need further assistance, feel free to call customer service at 503-233-0706 Customer service is available seven days a week, 9 AM - 5 PM Pacific time, or you can email us at any time at email@example.com . Please allow up to 24 hours for a response.